You may be dealing with an internal battle. The deal is that you have an air conditioner that is breaking down or, worse, has already given out completely. You need a new air conditioner. But here is where the struggle pops up. You are debating whether it is worth it.
You wouldn’t be the first to encounter this back and forth. We often end up talking to residents who find themselves caught between how much it costs to replace an AC versus being without any AC at all. We want you to know that an upgrade is well worth it and may end up being less of an issue for your budget than you might think.
Upgrading Now Is Always Best
Let’s say you are 110% sure that you need an upgrade–it’s been confirmed by a technician and everything! We get that the cost of a replacement can feel like a reason to hold off for a while. The reality is however that the sooner you upgrade your AC the most you’ll benefit. Here’s why:
- Better comfort: This one might seem obvious. A new air conditioner is going to be able to cool your home much more effectively and efficiently than an older system would. What’s more, a new system is always going to operate better than one that is in the process of breaking down or no longer works at all.
- Less energy use: A new air conditioner is likely to have a better efficiency rating than a system that is 10 years older or older. Depending on your use of the system a more efficient AC can be a great investment because it will help reduce your overall electricity use.
- A system that pays for itself: New systems are going to help you save money in the long run. Because they will improve your comfort and use less energy to do so they will keep your bills lower. With the newer system, you are likely to save up the same amount of money that you spent on an upgrade within a shorter amount of years
- Fewer repair needs: A newer system won’t have the same wear and tear that an aged air conditioner might. This of course will mean that you’ll enjoy it for a good long while without any repair needs…as long as you have a professional install your new system at least.
- No unnecessary wait times: An upgrade will benefit you pretty quickly but getting this job done soon will also help you avoid having to wait a longer period of time later on this summer to have it done. Due to the trouble caused by COVID, there are shortages and price hikes coming for different materials, systems, and parts. This means getting your system upgraded now will help you avoid the hassle that comes from those shortages.
An upgrade is a great idea if your AC is on its way into retirement. As we mentioned before, we understand that the cost of a replacement can feel prohibitive. That is exactly why we offer financing options to help ensure that you can get the system upgrade you need without destroying your budget for the year.